Our personal technology is becoming more pervasive and persuasive. Critics claim it is addictive, irresistible, and hijacking our brains. Instead of offering another knee-jerk reaction, here’s my take on the peril and promise of persuasive technology.
This is the talk I gave at the 2017 Habit Summit where I discuss and offer solutions for:
- Stopping unethical design practices.
- Getting control of tech at work.
- Dealing with tech distraction throughout the day.
- Habit Tracker Template — Use My (Printable) Google Sheet
- Free Schedule Maker Template — Use This Sleek Google Doc
- Timeboxing: The Simple Productivity System You’re Not Using
- What is the Opposite of “Distraction?” The Single Word that Will Change Your Life This Year
- Hyperbolic Discounting: Why You Make Terrible Life Choices
- Happiness Hack: This One Ritual Made Me Much Happier