Changing user habits isn’t easy — but understanding how to conduct Habit Testing will increase your odds of success.
In this video, I provide a brief introduction to the three steps of Habit Testing. I explain how product designers use these steps to identify their devotees, codify what makes the product habit-forming, and modify the user experience accordingly.
Also, here’s a graphic to help you remember the 3 steps to Habit Testing — Identify, Codify, and Modify. If you find it helpful, don’t forget to share it.
My original article can be found here:
- Schedule Maker: Use this Google Sheet to Plan Your Week
- The New York Times Uses the Very Dark Patterns it Derides
- How to Start a Career in Behavioral Design
- A Free Course on User Behavior
- User Investment: Make Your Users Do the Work
- Variable Rewards: Want To Hook Users? Drive Them Crazy
- The Hooked Model: How to Manufacture Desire in 4 Steps